DementiaWise’s Director of Special Populations, Deborah Bier, PhD, will present: “Game-Changing Approaches to Dementia Care for Helping Professionals,” on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 — 3 Contact Hours for RNs and 3 CEUs available for Social Workers.
This informative workshop is designed specifically for health care professionals who are working with individuals with dementia and will topics including:
• Preventing Difficult Dementia Behavior
• Surprising Sensory Changes in Dementia
• How Dementia Complicates Pain Management
• Different Types of Dementia and Their Care Needs
• Delirium and Dementia: A Hidden Epidemic
• Drugs That Can Make Dementia Worse
• Working With Challenging Families
The event will begin with featured sponsors will also be available on-site for you to meet and learn about their senior-related products and services. This virtual workshop will feature live instruction with an opportunity for attendees to engage and interact.
Date: September 27, 2016
Time: 8:00 -9:00 AM Refreshments and Registration / 9:00 – 12:15 PM Educational Workshop
Location: Lakewood Center for the Arts, 368 S State Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Register: Call: 503/636-0417
Presented by: ComForCare Home Care